“The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention…. A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
I have been nominated for three blog awards by Daniela of lanternpost2012.wordpress.com. I will address two of them here. They are “A thought provoking Blog” and “Seven things about me”.
I am surprised, pleased and honored that Daniela finds my blog worthy of recognition. I highly recommend her blog (lanternpost2012.wordpress.com). She has a fresh, succinct writing style. Daniela’s wit and wisdom reflect her broad perspective and tenacious resolve. Her blog is filled with thoughtful discussions about emotions, human nature and current events.
The” rules” for these two awards are similar: The first “rule” is to thank the person who nominated me and to link to that website. Second is to mention seven things about myself. And third is to nominate seven additional blogs for these awards.
Here are seven things about me:
- Regardless of how complex something is, I can further complicate it.
- No matter how quickly something can be completed, I can make it take the better part of three days.
- When unforeseen circumstances require me to do something in a novel way, about 20% of the time I find this new approach more beneficial than was my usual way.
- My greatest challenge is the maintenance of a balance among my separate priorities. The single thing that most astounds me is memory.
- The most complex thing that I know of is either the universe or love. I cannot decide between them. (Scientists believe that the universe is expanding. So what is it expanding into?)
- Through my website, naturephotorehab.com, I help, via processing and enhancements, to transform people’s nature photos into works of art that they are proud to give as gifts or to hang on their own wall for inspiration.
There are many blogs that I enjoy and recommend. However, there is no way to mention them all here. My nominations for the “A Thought Provoking Blog” and “Seven Things About Myself” are:
Lifeismysterious at dranilj1.wordpress.com
Kirsten Dinesen at ddfreeinkirkland.wordpress.com
Figments of a Dutchess at drieskewrites.wordpress.com
I welcome comments and criticisms. I am available at NaturePhotoRehab.com to help people transform their nature images into impressive works of art that they will be proud to either hang on their wall or give to a friend.
J. Michael Harroun©2012 NaturePhotoRehab.com